Check out these delectable cheesecakes! Make the base and filling with wholesome ingredients, including Raw Ecstasy’s activated nuts, then top them with whatever takes your fancy! Delicious – and good for you too!
- 1 cup packed pitted dates
- 1 cup of Activated Organic Walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups Activated Organic Cashews (quick-soaked)
- Juice of 1 large lemon (1 lemon yields 1/4 cup or 50ml)
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil (melted)
- 2/3 cup full-fat coconut milk (see instructions for note)
- 1/2 cup honey (or maple syrup if vegan)
Toppings: For our cheesecakes, we made three flavours:
- Blueberry – Simply add some good quality blueberries before freezing.
- Raspberry – We made a raspberry puree with a little maple syrup for sweetness.
- Chocolate – We simply drizzled some of our own raw Activated Organic Chocolate Almond Spread on top!
- Put the dates into a food processor and blend until small bits remain and it forms into a ball. Remove and set aside.
- Next process the nuts into a meal, then add the dates back in and blend until a loose dough forms. It should stick together when you squeeze a bit between your fingers. If it’s too dry, add a few more dates. If too wet, add more almond or walnut meal. Add a pinch of salt to taste (optional).
- Lightly grease a standard 12-slot muffin tin. (Tip: You can line the tin with parchment paper cut into strips, which will make it easier when removing the cheesecakes).
- Scoop a teaspoon of the base mixture into the muffin tin and press down firmly. You can use a small glass or the back of a spoon to really press it down. Repeat until you’ve used all the base mixture.
- Next, add the filling ingredients to the blender and mix until very smooth. For the coconut milk, try to scoop the ‘cream’ off the top because it provides a richer texture, but if yours is already all mixed together, just add it in as it is.
- You don’t need a Vitamix for this recipe, just a quality blender. We mixed for one minute and then liquified or pureed until silky smooth. If it won’t come together, add a touch more lemon juice, agave, or a splash more coconut milk as the liquid should help it blend better.
- Divide the filling evenly amonth the muffin tins. Tap a few times to release any air bubbles, then cover with plastic wrap and pop into the freezer.
- After about 4-6 hours they should pop right out! Top with your favourite flavours (see above) and enjoy!