This nut free recipe is a great alternative to regular pesto and is packed with all the benefits of pumpkin seeds – rich in protein, healthy fats, vitamins and minerals. The pesto can be kept in the fridge for at least two weeks. Cover the top with a 1cm layer of oil to keep it fresh.
- 250ml olive oil, plus extra for storage
- 120g Activated Organic Pumpkin Seeds
- Handful of basil leaves (approx 30g)
- 1 organic garlic clove
- 1/2 tbsp Mountain Spring Salt
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender and process until you’re happy with the consistency. You can choose to leave it chunky or blend for longer until smooth