Hummus is one of the main staple vegan dips around. And is readily available in most food stores, but often contains preservatives (such as E202 Potassium Sorbate), low grade vegetable oils like rapeseed or sunflower oil, table salt and not to mention rarely are the ingredients organic! So we thought we’d make our own super hummus using our very own Raw Activated Stoneground Tahini and the most nutrient rich ingredients.
- 400g cooked organic chickpeas (keep a small amount of liquid after rinsing)
- 2 tsp Raw Activated Stoneground Tahini
- 1 clove organic garlic
- 1/2 tsp Spring Salt or Sea Salt of your choice
- 3 tbsp organic extra virgin olive oil
- 1 whole freshly squeezed organic Lemon
- After cooking the chickpeas, rinse them in cold water and keep a small amount behind for later.
- Add them all into the processor followed by the garlic, salt, lemon juice and around 7 tablespoons of the saved liquid from the chickpeas.
- Flick the processor on and slowly add the olive oil whilst it turns to your desired consistency.
- And voila!
You can also experiment with making a raw hummus, by rinsing raw chickpeas and soaking with plenty of water for 24 hours before adding them to the processor. We recommend draining and rinsing them every 8 hours to avoid sourness at the end.