A delicious seasonal recipe created by lovely paleo blogger Georgie, from Greens of the Stoneage.
Perfect for a gourmet healthy Halloween treat with all the lovely colours of autumn and could be made as an impressive desert for a winter dinner party. This recipe makes about 6 medium sized cups and takes around 40 minutes. If you make any excess of the pumpkin pie filling, you can use it to spread on bread, crackers or pancakes!
Maca milk chocolate cup
Pumpkin pie filling
3 tbsp pumpkin puree
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground cloves
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
(Alternatively use 1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice)
& a handful of activated pepitas for decoration
- Combine all of the ingredients for the maca milk chocolate into a medium heatproof bowl over a bain-marie. Heat on a low heat, stirring frequently until fully melted.
- Divide one half of the mixture between 6 cupcake cases. Place in the freezer to set. Set aside the remaining mixture.
- Now prepare your pumpkin pie butter filling. Combine all of the ingredients in a heatproof bowl over a bain-marie. Heat on a low heat, stirring frequently until the mixture comes together into a smooth paste.
- Remove the chocolate cups from the freezer and divide the pumpkin pie butter filling equally between the 6 cups.
- Return the remaining maca chocolate to the bain-marie and mix thoroughly.
- Evenly divide the remaining chocolate mixture between the 6 cups. Sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds and return to the freezer until set.
- Once set remove from the cupcake cases and enjoy! That simple but very delicious!